While I love the anticipation of Christmas, there is a certain relief that I feel when it’s all over. I notice I go through a phase of reconciling all of the things I didn’t get done, wish I could do next time, then quickly move to getting cleaned up to start all over again. This reflection time takes about 2 minutes. Here’s what I’m committing to do next time:
- Next year, I will plan out what I want to get accomplished well in advance.
- I will get christmas shopping done by September
- I will have addresses collected throughout the year and address my christmas cards and have them mailed just after Thanksgiving.
- I will hire someone to put up the outdoor lights just like I want them done (by a professional)
- I will hire someone to clean the house
- I will take 2 days off to cook candies and cookies
- and then I will just relax throughout the holiday season (yea right!)
I hope to revisit this list through out the year. Maybe my list will grow.
We are buried in snow and ice. The day after Christmas we all have a bit of cabin fever, at least it’s raining and snowing off and on, hard to dig out.